1. Art retreats in the Tuscan countryside (workshops with accommodation and meals) are offered by Art Escape Italy (hereinafter AEI) to the Lead Client (hereinafter the Client). Airfare and travel expenses are not included.
2. Terms of Booking (please read our Covid-19 policy here)
a) To reserve your place on an art retreat in the countryside, the Client should complete the booking registration online. A non-refundable deposit of €750 is due upon registration.
b) The full balance of the art retreat must be paid at least 12 weeks before the start date.
c) For bookings made less than 12 weeks in advance of the start of the art retreat, the full amount must be paid at the time of the booking.
d) If payment is not received by that 12-week date, AEI reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled and the €750 deposit will not be refunded.
e) For cancellations made up to 12 weeks before a retreat start date, the total retreat balance (minus the €750 non-refundable deposit) is refunded to the Client.
f) For cancellations made less than 12 weeks before the retreat start date, no refunds will be issued.
3. If for any reason the workshop or retreat is cancelled by AEI, the full payment, including deposit, will be 100% reimbursed to the client. We only refund our own retreat fees, we do not refund the cost of travel or other third party costs.
4. If an instructor has to withdraw at the last minute due to illness, incapacity, or circumstances beyond our control, the full payment, including deposit will be 100% refunded.
5. The Client is required to arrange comprehensive travel insurance, including trip cancellation and liability cover, full cover for their (or their party’s) personal belongings, accident and emergency cover, etc., since these are not covered by AEI’s insurance.
6. Any chargeable expenses arising during the workshop/retreat period (e.g. taxis, shopping, medical or hospital appointments, prescriptions and medications etc.) shall be settled by the client with AEI before departure.
7. Clients shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property, and leave them in the same state of repair as they were found at the start of the holiday period. Any damage to the property resulting from the Client’s negligence will be charged for by AEI.
8. AEI shall not be liable to the Client for:
a) Any temporary defect in the supply of public services to the location of the retreat/workshop, nor in the respect of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the property or garden.
b) Any loss, damage, illness or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond AEI control.
c) Any accident, damage, loss or inconvenience the Client or any member of the Client’s party may suffer arising out of, or in connection with, the retreat/workshop or resulting from any cause whatsoever.
d) The use of amenities and equipment, where offered, such as barbecues, swimming pool, etc. is entirely at the user’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, loss or damage to persons or property.
e) No responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to any motor vehicle or trailer belonging to or rented by the Client, or for loss of or damage to its contents.
f) Personal belongings are at the Client’s risk at all times.
9. The Client shall accept responsibility for the safety of their person and all members of their party at all times. AEI is not responsible for the safety of guests.
10. Under no circumstances shall AEI’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to AEI for the retreat/workshop.
11. It is with regret that AEI is unable to fully accommodate guests with wheelchairs or those who require the use of lifts due to the nature of the retreat and workshop locations.
12. For the comfort of all guests, smoking is not permitted inside the accommodation.
13. Complimentary transfers are offered by AEI on the first and last day of the retreat. If the Client needs to arrive or depart outside of the designated pick-up times, or if a transfer from a different location is required, private transfers can be arranged at extra cost.
This contract shall be governed by UK & Italian law in every particular including information and interpretation, and shall be deemed to have been made in Italy. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in the UK or Italy.